Micro Computer Systems is dedicated to the information and documentation security of all customers. Personal and non-personal information collected is used in the most professional manner. All personal information (such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, account information, etc.) is kept in the stickiest confidence. All non-personal information (which is information that does not identify the user, such as your IP address or browsing information) is taken strictly for statistical and customer service purposes but does not retain the customer's identity.
Confidentiality of Information
Personal information will only be released to process your order and will follow a very secure code. When you place an order, your name, credit card number and purchase quantity will be released to your financial institution for authorization. If there are discrepancies with this part of the process, your order may not be processed. Your name, address and telephone number will also be given to shipping companies/suppliers in order to facilitate efficient delivery of your product. Personal information may also be released in necessary cases, such as to your credit card institution, suppliers and warranty providers. These parties will also be bound by our confidentiality regulations.
Please note that we may release personal information if mandated under the Canadian Information Act, such as in the following cases:
- When personal information is required by a certified legal authority
- For the purposes of combating fraud or other unlawful activity
- In response to court orders or subpoenas
- To our personal legal representative
- Micro Computer Systems does not take responsibility for third-party links that are available from our web page or the information this link gathers. Please install appropriate software to combat any changes these links may make on your computer.
- Third Party links or advertisements on our web-page may present messages that do not necessarily represent the views of Micro Computer Systems.
- Micro Computer Systems maintains the right to modify this policy at any time. It is the responsibility of the buyer to review this policy occasionally to ensure proper conduct.
- This policy is binding upon both Micro Computer Systems and its customers.
- Micro Computer Systems reserves the right to cancel an order if information provided is lacking or incorrect.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive financial information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology and is encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
This policy was last modified on 5th July 2018